Tipperary Energy Agency is driving the energy transition to carbon neutrality through leading the delivery of sustainable energy solutions, by advocating, educating and innovating on climate action.
We have a great opportunity for recent Graduate to join our Engineering team and build their career in sustainable engineering. This role will be supported by a team of experienced engineers and from the ‘get go’ will be involved managing contracts, programs and project. Our clients need our expertise in delivering renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy cost reduction projects in the commercial, private, and public sectors to achieve their ambitions for carbon neutrality.
- Assist with a variety of energy management tasks including data analysis, project scoping, project design, tendering and project management, advice on commissioning and maintenance routines and recommendations for ongoing rectification works.
- Carrying out energy audits, thermal modelling, heat load calculations (including IES modelling) and identify opportunities to reduce energy consumption in non-residential buildings.
- Carrying out building services condition and environmental audits and due diligence audits with particular attention on essential services such as building services, lighting and emergency lighting, building fabric and performance and fire protection.
- Assist our clients in troubleshooting potential services system failure and undertake design reviews.
- Liaise and assist with providing clients and contractors with requested information.
- Undertake technical reports and communicate effectively to clients.
- Ensure Tipperary Energy Agency Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects.
- Degree in Building Services / Mechanical / Electrical / Sustainable / Energy Engineering or related technical discipline. MSc would be advantageous.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Strong IT and analytical skills
- Shows initiative, is a Self-starter and is self-motivated.
- Relevant third level project experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous:
- Domestic BER or Non-Domestic BER /other energy auditing standards
- Energy or other numerical analysis
- AutoCAD or related technical drawing software
- M&E in domestic and commercial buildings, fabric upgrades etc.
- Renewable energy, PV, biomass and heat pumps.
- Shows initiative, is a self-starter and is self-motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team also essential
- Full clean driving licence and access to a car
- Understanding of climate change, energy use and the relationship between the two
- A competitive salary
- 27 holidays holiday (2 fixed days)
- Flexible working
- A commitment to your training, development and growth
- Contributory Pension scheme after 12 months
- Fully funded health Insurance
- Subscription to a professional body membership
- We are based in Nenagh, Co Tipperary, but you need to be mobile for this role